CenturyLink™ Local Services Platform (CLSP™) - Public Access Lines (PAL) - V5.0
Note: This product is also known as Qwest Local Services Platform® (QLSP®).
CenturyLink™ Local Services Platform (CLSP™) products provide local exchange telecommunications services to end-users on behalf of Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs) at competitive wholesale commercial rates. General information about CLSP can be found in CenturyLink Local Services Platform (CLSP) - General Information.
CLSP Public Access Lines (PAL) products provide dial tone service to Payphone Service Providers (PSPs) on behalf of CLECs. PSPs establish connections of intelligent instrument-controlled hardware ("smart sets") to the CLSP PAL service for public use. Offering the equivalent functionality of CenturyLink's retail service offering of two-way, incoming and outgoing Basic PAL (which includes all functions associated with the CenturyLink network such as access to operator, sent paid (1+) service, N11 and 800/888 services), CLSP PALs are finished services requiring neither CLEC collocation nor other CLEC network involvement and are comprised of the following network elements:
- A 2-Wire Analog (Voice Grade) Unbundled Local Loop
- An Analog Line Side Port, including Local Switch Usage and any optional switch features(Local Switching Network Element)
- Shared Transport
CLSP products are available where facilities exist throughout Legacy Qwest's 14-state local service territory.
Terms and Conditions
PAL is a touchtone, one-party service-only product for use with FCC registered and approved instruments only.
Smart PAL (a service used with "basic" or network-controlled payphones) and "Guestline/Coinless" Subscriber Service/Interexchange Carrier Access Line (services which provide restricted network access) are not available with CLSP PAL.
The following terms and conditions apply to PAL:
- Changing to or from a PAL service may require a telephone number change
- Coin collection and/or return of coins are controlled by the PSP's pay telephones. CenturyLink is not liable for shortages of coins deposited and/or collected from pay telephones
- CenturyLink is not liable for end-user fraud associated with any failure of the PSP's pay telephone to perform correctly
CLECs and PSPs are responsible for:
- Installation, maintenance and operation of the pay telephone
- Coin collection and/or return of coin functions for Basic PAL
- Refund of coins when lost or collected in error
- Rates and charges incurred on the PAL, as toll adjustments will not be allowed on the account unless it is a CenturyLink error
- Payment of maintenance service charges when the problem is isolated to the pay telephone set
Technical characteristics are described in:
- Telcordia Special Reports (SRs), SR-2275, Notes on the Network
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standard Publications
Monthly Recurring Charges (MRCs) for CLSP PAL products are the sum of the monthly recurring rates of the following elements:
- A 2-Wire Analog (Voice Grade) UBL, provided in the Rate Sheet or Exhibit A of the applicable ICAs in effect between CenturyLink and CLEC,
- The Local Switching Network Element Analog Line Side Port (including the switch port MRC plus Local Switching Minutes Of Use (MOU), provided in the CLSP Rate Sheet,
- Switch Features provided in the CLSP Rate Sheet,
- Shared Transport MOU provided in the CLSP Rate Sheet, and
- Any additional MRCs for other value-added services, such as Operator Services (OS)/Directory Assistance (DA), provided in either your ICA and/or CLSP Rate Sheets.
Non-recurring Charges (NRCs) apply for CLSP Installation, Conversion, Feature, and other Subseqeunt Order (Change) activity.
MRCs and NRCs are available in the CLSP Rate Sheet of your Commercial Agreement and the Rate Sheet or Exhibit A of the applicable ICA.
Nebraska CLSP circuits only:
Effective September 19, 2011, you must place either the USOC XCBO2 (2-wire) or XCBO4 (4-wire) on your CLSP LSR if your End-User is in an "Out of Town" location. Additional information on determining this classification is in Geographic Deaveraging - General Information.
Tariffs, Regulations and Policy
Tariffs, regulations and policies are located in the state specific Tariffs/Catalogs/Price List.
Payphone Specific Digits (PSDs) or "Flex ANI codes" are used in the payphone industry as part of the dial around compensation process. PSDs are transmitted by FlexANI software and are provided as part of the CLSP PAL service.
PSPs often request to test their PAL service to verify that Flex ANI codes "29", or "70" (dependent upon Pal service type) are accurately functioning. The CenturyLink™ FLEX ANI test number to be dialed from the payphone is: 1-877-663-6344.
- If CenturyLink's network identifies Flex ANI on the line, a recording will advise that the "call cannot be completed from a payphone".
- If CenturyLink's network does not identify Flex ANI on the line, a recording will advise "Your payphone is not transmitting the proper Flex ANI Info Digit". If this message is heard, the PSP should contact you and you should advise CenturyLink via the Repair process that Flex ANI is not functioning on the line.
Dial Around: When an end-user dials 101XXXXX, 1-800-XXXXXXX, or 10100555 (for operator assistance) to make a long distance call from a payphone, it is considered "Dial Around". If a long distance call is made using "Dial Around", the PSP is entitled to compensation from the carrier used by the end-user. You are responsible for providing a list of your CLSP PAL account telephone numbers to the Dial Around Carrier Payers and their agents.
The following services are not available with CLSP PAL:
- Call Management Services
- Custom Local Area Signaling Services (CLASS ) Services
- Classes of Service with Call Allowance
- Custom Calling Services
- Off Premises Extensions
- Dual Service
- Optional Long Distance Calling Plans
- PAL Plus
- CenturyLink Advanced Intelligent Network (AIN) services
- CenturyLink Commercial Broadband Services
- CenturyLink Voice Messaging Service (VMS)
- Vendor Billing Service (VBS)
- Vendor Non Sent Paid Commission Plan (VCP)
A complete list of product specific features, descriptions, availability, pricing, and ordering information is available in the Features Matrix download available under the Optional Features section of CenturyLink Local Services Platform (CLSP) - General Information.
CLSP PAL includes one business directory listing for each main telephone number, at no charge. Premium and privacy listings are also available with CLSP. Information describing directory listing availability and ordering is described in White Pages Directory Listings.
|CenturyLink's industry-leading telecommunications network and infrastructure||Reliability: Established
and highly dependable
Volume: CenturyLink transmits approximately 240 million calls across our network daily
Experience: An industry leader for over a century.
|Customer Care||CenturyLink's Spirit of Service Commitment puts customers first and ensures outstanding quality in every aspect of your service.|
|Products and Services||CLSP is an industry leading commercial alternative that ensures continuity and certainty of availability of local voice services.|
|A Finished Service Solution||CLSP services are provided to end-user customers on your behalf without the costs of building your own network or establishing collocation.|
|Competitive Rates||CLSP provides many annual discount opportunities based on year over year volume retention or growth.|
|Quality Assurance||Commercially negotiated Performance Targets provide assurance that you receive quality wholesale service.|
CLSP PAL products provide you the opportunity to purchase the finished services that your PSP markets desire at competitive commercial rates.
If you are an existing CLEC would like to amend your Interconnection Agreement or New Customer Questionnaire, refer to Interconnection Agreement Amendments. To review and/or request preparation of a CLSP Agreement, visit Commercial Agreements.
General pre-ordering activities are described in the Pre-Ordering Overview.
Requirements for pre-ordering are described in Local Service Ordering Guidelines (LSOG) Pre-Order.
General ordering activities are described in the Ordering Overview.
It is important to review and understand the ordering procedures described in CenturyLink™ Local Services Platform (CLSP™) - General Information.
CLSP PAL may be ordered as a new combination or converted from existing CenturyLink resale or retail PAL service.
CLSP PAL orders are submitted using the Local Service Ordering Guidelines (LSOG) forms and are ordered similarly to Resale PAL. Order processing for CLSP PAL is manual and LSOG forms must be submitted to CenturyLink via facsimile at (888) 796-9089.
Requests for multiple conversions to CLSP PAL can be made on the same request, provided the request is based on service currently on the same CenturyLink Customer Service Record (CSR), for the same end-user, at the same location, and for the same due date.
CLSP PAL order requests for new service or Conversion As Specified requests are placed using the following forms:
- Local Service Request (LSR)
- End User (EU)
- Resale Service (RS)
- Directory Listings (DL), if applicable
Only the LSR and EU forms are used for Conversion As Is requests. Field entry requirements are described in the LSOG. Although additional forms and fields are required, the following field entries identify the order as CLSP PAL.
|LSR Form Field||Valid Entry|
|States||Type of USOC||USOC|
|ID-N, MN, MT, ND, NM, SD, WA||Flat Rate Class of Service/Line USOC||UG8 = Flat Rate|
|AZ, CO, IA, ID-S, NE, OR, UT, WY||Measured Rate Class of Service/Line USOC||UG9 = Measured Rate|
In states where the flat rate class of service USOC (UG8) is applicable, Shared Transport Originating MOU and Local Switching Originating MOU will be billed per line in accordance with rates provided in your CLSP Rate Sheet.
When requesting conversion of existing retail or resale "Smart PAL" service to CLSP PAL, include the following comment in the REMARKS section of the LSR form: "Convert Smart PAL service to CLSP PAL Basic PAL service".
Primary Interexchange Carrier (PIC), Local Primary Interexchange Carrier (LPIC) and Telephone Number (TN) entries are required with each primary and additional line USOC. More information about selecting a long distance carrier can be found in the Long Distance Carrier Selection Overview.
Provisioning and Installation
General provisioning and installation activities are described in the Provisioning and Installation Overview.
Some products or features require the addition of a Line Class Code (LCC) to provision the service in the CenturyLink switch. When a LCC is required, the CLEC is not responsible for providing it on the LSR; CenturyLink adds it to the service order.
In some cases, several products associated with a single line may each require a LCC. Only one LCC may be used on a line. Therefore, in these situations, CenturyLink will assign a single LCC that provides the function for multiple products.
CenturyLink enters the LCC on the service order following each line USOC to be equipped with the product or feature, as in the following example:
- UG8/PIC xxxx/LCC 70B
Maintenance and Repair
General maintenance and repair activities are described in the Maintenance and Repair Overview.
Customer Records and Information System (CRIS) billing is described in Billing Information - Customer Records and Information System (CRIS).
CenturyLink has developed and provides an array of training courses that our CLSP customers will find beneficial. The following courses are especially recommended:
- Local CenturyLink 101: "Doing Business with CenturyLink"
- Interconnect Mediated Access (IMA) Directory Listing
- IMA "Hands On"
- POTS Product Overview
View these and additional CenturyLink courses by clicking on Course Catalog.
CenturyLink contact information is located in Wholesale Customer Contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are PSDs and FLEX ANI included with CLSP PAL?
Yes, FLEX ANI is a software feature included with CLSP PAL. Payphone Specific Digits (PSDs) are used to track dial-around compensable calls. A software feature called 'Flex ANI' allows CenturyLink central office switches to transmit "29" (Inmate Phone) or "70" (Public Phone) digits on CLSP PALs to Interexchange Carriers (IXCs)
What about Dial Around Compensation?
You are responsible for providing a list of your CLSP PAL account telephone numbers to Dial Around Carrier Payers and their agents.
May I convert existing PALs to CLSP?
You may order new CLSP PAL service or convert existing retail and/or resale PAL to CLSP PAL.
Last Update: August 25, 2008
CenturyLink™ Local Services Platform and CLSP™ are Registered Trademarks of CenturyLink™
CLASS™ is a Trademark of Telcordia Technologies, Inc.